Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Ipod Multimedia Interface - Artist search!?!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes E350 Coupe
Unhappy Ipod Multimedia Interface - Artist search in COMMAND!?!?!

New member on here although I have been religiously reading various threads for months now!

I just picked up a 2012 E350 Coupe, I stinking love this car! I'm very big into SQL and appreciate a good car or home stereo! I'm gonna add a high quality sub this weekend and I'm pretty pumped for that!

The ipod interface is fantastic for the most part and if you have an ipod with a couple hundred songs, you can rather quickly find what you want. I on the other hand have over 5700 songs on my ipod and I cant simply scroll down to the artist i want to hear, it takes forever!

Is there a feature where I can skip to the letter of the artist or even an update on the interface that offers this? It's a nightmare scrolling to an artist anywhere past the first 6 letters of the alphabet!!

Any info or help would be very greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Velodine; 05-01-2015 at 11:17 AM. Reason: More specific title
Old 05-05-2015, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes E350 Coupe
SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED

I have figured out the solution! THANK GOD!

When your in the multimedia interface for your iPod, whether your under the artist or track or album or whatever category your searching by. You use the phone keys on the dash which have their corresponding 3 letters and by clicking these, it will jump to whatever letter you've selected!

A little tinkering on the weekend goes a long way!
Old 05-05-2015, 02:39 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Velodine
I have figured out the solution! THANK GOD!

When your in the multimedia interface for your iPod, whether your under the artist or track or album or whatever category your searching by. You use the phone keys on the dash which have their corresponding 3 letters and by clicking these, it will jump to whatever letter you've selected!

A little tinkering on the weekend goes a long way!
+1
Old 06-16-2015, 04:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C320 & E350
Thank you so much! I have the same situation and will try this now. I have an 80gb iPod full of music. Whenever I scroll down I get something like "entry 158" and would have to wait a long time for it to actually register a song name or artist name.

THANK YOU!