Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

CD Magazine stuck in Changer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CD Magazine stuck in Changer

Hi,

My cd mag. is stuck in my changer and will not eject. Is there any manual way to get it out, I've looked for release button on the back or something but haven't seen anything. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. BTW, this is the genuine mb changer.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:15 PM

sticky situation

insert a thin long object in the middle under the cd magazine. move the object either left or right to release the magazine.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:01 PM

Hey Bigplayray,

Thanx for advise, but I looked under cd and found 3 holes covered, I tried all but nothing happened, the changer has to be plugged in right? which hole exactly? thanx for your help
Old 02-12-2004, 01:17 PM

1999 CL500; 1992 500E:1991 560SEC
Try powering the unit down and then reapply power while holding the eject button......also slap the unit a bit when you do this....the cd holder may be chafing or stuck in the player......I have used this technique before with success on several CD players with cartridges. If you do free it, I'd recommend you get a new cartridge.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:30 AM

thanx, i'll try that
Old 03-24-2004, 05:54 PM

2001 E430
I had the same problem. The dealer replaced the changer and told me that burned CDs might not be the same thickness as commercial CDs and they can jam it. He said to only use store bought CDs even though I've been playing burned CDs in it for months and never had a problem until now.

WTF?!!

It's bad enough to have to pay the outrageous price for the fiber optic changer in the first place, but now I'm not supposed to play burned CDs in it?

Screw that.

If I have another problem with it, I'm taking it to a decent stereo installer and see if they can unjam it. If that doesn't work I'll replace it with an MP3 capable changer and go through the AUX input.

-milt
Old 03-24-2004, 06:57 PM

funny that you mentioned this, as I just had to deal with the same thing 2 days ago.

You should be able to unscrew and take apart the changer housing. once you have done that, it will be easy to push the changer out mannualy. (with the changer plugged in but open, push eject while pushing the changer out from the back)

I'm not sure if you're in the same situation, but for me, the reason why the changer got stuck was due to disc 1's tray being put in diagonally. This slpit the lower tray just slightly, causing the magazine to be too thick...and it got stuck.

Good luck!