Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

30-Pin iPod Connection Problems in 2007 ML350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
30-Pin iPod Connection Problems in 2007 ML350

Hi Guys,

First post here but I've searched the forums and haven't found the solution to this problem.

Vehicle: 2007 ML350 4Matic
Aux Connection: 30-Pin iPod connection (black)

Notes: The original 30-pin iPod connection with the white tip broke and Mercedes replaced it with a similar 30 pin connector that is black. To me, I think this is just the version 2 of the same cable.

What I'm trying to do: After scouring the forums, everyone seems to recommend the Viseeo Tune2Air for bluetooth audio from my iPhone 6.

Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000 - Wireless Bluetooth Music Interface Adapter for Car Audio Integration: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000 - Wireless Bluetooth Music Interface Adapter for Car Audio Integration: Cell Phones & Accessories

The problem: I don't get any power to the Tune2Air for some reason.

What I've tried: I purchased a Scoshe Passport 12v to 5v adapter and it did NOT work. It did nothing.

Amazon.com: Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod and iPhone (Black): MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod and iPhone (Black): MP3 Players & Accessories

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get power to the iPod connection to get the Tune2Air to turn on?

Other notes: I used a 30 pin to lightning adapter and it did charge my iPhone but it's really unusable because I have to take off my case everytime and I don't like leaving my iPhone in my glovebox. Bluetooth is what I would like to use ideally.

I have also used a regular iPod Nano 4th gen and it works, but again, it doesn't charge even with the Scoshe, so I have to charge it once every two days.

Amazon.com: Apple Iphone and Ipod 30 Pin to 8 Pin Adapter (Non Retail Bulk Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Apple Iphone and Ipod 30 Pin to 8 Pin Adapter (Non Retail Bulk Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories
Old 07-06-2015, 07:06 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Jay Gandhi
Hi Guys,

First post here but I've searched the forums and haven't found the solution to this problem.

Vehicle: 2007 ML350 4Matic
Aux Connection: 30-Pin iPod connection (black)

Notes: The original 30-pin iPod connection with the white tip broke and Mercedes replaced it with a similar 30 pin connector that is black. To me, I think this is just the version 2 of the same cable.

What I'm trying to do: After scouring the forums, everyone seems to recommend the Viseeo Tune2Air for bluetooth audio from my iPhone 6.

Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000 - Wireless Bluetooth Music Interface Adapter for Car Audio Integration: Cell Phones & Accessories

The problem: I don't get any power to the Tune2Air for some reason.

What I've tried: I purchased a Scoshe Passport 12v to 5v adapter and it did NOT work. It did nothing.

Amazon.com: Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod and iPhone (Black): MP3 Players & Accessories

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get power to the iPod connection to get the Tune2Air to turn on?

Other notes: I used a 30 pin to lightning adapter and it did charge my iPhone but it's really unusable because I have to take off my case everytime and I don't like leaving my iPhone in my glovebox. Bluetooth is what I would like to use ideally.

I have also used a regular iPod Nano 4th gen and it works, but again, it doesn't charge even with the Scoshe, so I have to charge it once every two days.

Amazon.com: Apple Iphone and Ipod 30 Pin to 8 Pin Adapter (Non Retail Bulk Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories
Folks are saying you must use the genuine Apple 30 pin to Lightening adapter. Most others will not work.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:20 PM

ML350
Originally Posted by hillcreative
Folks are saying you must use the genuine Apple 30 pin to Lightening adapter. Most others will not work.
Hi, yes I am using the genuine one 30 pin to lightning adapter but that's not really the question since I don't want to use my iphone in my glovebox.

My question is, why is the Mercedes 30 pin ipod connection not giving any power even with the Scoshe voltage adapter?

The follow up question is, what other options for bluetooth do I have? Do I need to replace the cable from the dealership?
Old 07-06-2015, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
I am not familiar with the Viseo piece, but there is a module from mobridge that will do phone and a2dp

the other option is to take out the radio and look at the t harnnes for the ipod connector and to the right where it goes to the glovebox look for the 1/8" stereo headphone jack and get rid of the ipod connector. you will have to unplug the MOST optical plug from the t-harness and put it in the factory harness so it is all wired up again minus the t harness.

from there you can add whatever you want including just a 3.5mm male to male stereo headphone jack from your phone or plug in a parrot piece to it and add a display that will give you phone and music bluetooth ability while in aux mode

obviously the headphone jack is the easiest and cheapest, aboyuy $6 if the aux caple is still there, if not the wires are usually brown, yellow and black for the auz audio on the harness. you might even want to sell it on here for a few bucks and make some money, it is a bandaid of a system (the ipod system) but someone might want it

note, the aux caple is usually coiled up in the side of the dash panel or left of the glovebox which can be found when the radio comes out, takes about 3 seconds to remove that radio you will need a T20 torx
Old 07-06-2015, 09:37 PM

ML350
Sounds interesting, unfortunately, I'm a bit hesitant opening up the panel behind the glovebox. Looks like I'll be returning the Viseeo and Scoshe adapter and swinging by the dealership to check out my options.

Still open to hearing other's options for my particular situation though.