Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

seat retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 G55
seat retrofit

Hey All- I have a 2008 Mercedes G55. I just moved to Miami and did not realise how insanely hot it is down here and the lack of ventilated seats is killing me. That got me thinking about the possibility of retrofitting in a drivers seat from another mercedes into the G. I am not concerned with the fact that the seats will obviously look different as I can always put the old seat back if I go to sell it. My question is if the electronics to drive the seats are mostly the same. I think the ideal swap would be from a newer G63 or G550 but I wonder if a seat from a S class or other model would work as well. I would of course need to add a switch for the seat ventilation, but mostly curious if the seat hookups are the same. Anyone have any idea?
Old 07-09-2015, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
why not just get a remote start?
Old 07-10-2015, 04:13 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by jbondox
why not just get a remote start?
+! now there's a thinking man...
Old 07-12-2015, 06:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
The seat swap is doable, but there is a lot to it, if I were to do this job I wouldn't touch it for anything less than $10k, and that would include 2 used seats. A lot to interface and if your factory seat has airbags in it, I would make no promises.

I been down this road before. and even the AC seats is just mini fans blowing through. I have done both GL and S Class in a Sprinter. Sclass had to be be completely rebuilt due to having 2 CANBUS data systems.