Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Custom Installers in Maryland/DC area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK350 4MATIC
Custom Installers in Maryland/DC area?

I'm looking for a good custom install shop in the Maryland/DC area.

Am interested in adding a DVD player and video screen to my 04 SL500, but not sure what my options are. Ideally, I would like it to not look like an aftermarket job, but not sure if that's possible with the SL.

Any feedback is much appreciated!
Old 02-06-2004, 05:50 PM

2003 E500
You might have good luck with one of the Myer-Emco stores, particularly the Falls Church location. They did a great job with an XM radio installation in my E500.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:43 PM

2010 GLK350 4MATIC
Thanks!

Glad to hear you found a place you like. I'll have to check them out.

By the way, can you tell me a little more about your XM Radio - for example, does it run through the Command System or do you have a seperate reciever/tuner? My understanding from other people on these boards was that the "SAT" button on the Command was for Cirrus radio? Can you post any pics?

Also, if anyone has pics of a DVD player and screen mounted in an SL (R230), I would love to see them.

Thanks again!
Old 02-07-2004, 06:20 PM

2003 E500
I don't have a picture of the XM radio, but the good news is that there is very little to see. I don't have Comand, and therefore do not have an AUX input. The XM receiver unit, which is an Alpine, connects to the audio system using an FM modulator. The Alpine receiver sits in the ashtray compartment, and it can be covered by the ashtray cover. The XM antenna sits inside the car on the shelf behind the back seat and is small and totally inconspicuous. I am extremely pleased with the system. It sounds great, and I am a fan of the XM programming.

Mercedes has a deal with Sirius, but I don't think that the actual Sirius units are available yet.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:13 PM

2010 GLK350 4MATIC
Thanks for the info about XM. It good to know there isn't much to see when the system is installed. I favor the clean look of a stock dashboard and hope to keep it that way with any upgrades that I may add. I suppose I can wait until the Sirius untis are available through MB - does anyone have a definitive date when that will be? I've read a lot of conflicting reports here.

Also, a reminder that if anyone has pics of an SL (R230) with a DVD player and screen installed, I would really like to see them (or at least direct me to a site that might have them). I've done quite a bit of looking around but can't seem to find any pics anywhere.

Thanks again!
Old 02-14-2004, 03:24 PM

C320
You also might want to look into Tweeter stereo shops in the area.... The place I had some amps installed was Bailey Crossroads in VA..... The person you can talk to is Mark number is 7038458707... good luck!