Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Aftermarket --> stock headunit???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Audi S4
Aftermarket --> stock headunit???

Well, my Pioneer headunit was defective so i had to send it in to get it repaired so right now i have no radio or music in the C280. The Wiring harness is already in as i can see and the antenna adapter. I was wondering if you guys know if its possible to reconnect the stock headunit temporarily so i can listen to music while the pioneer headunit is getting repaired??? Help would be greatly appreciated, i dont know if you guys understand the value of not having music in a car as i do now ahhh
Old 02-08-2004, 07:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK Coupe 200 Komp 53 Plate
it should be ok as long as u dont have any amps running as the unit will only connect the to the standard speakers no upgraded speakers will work unless there on the orignal speaker wires
Old 02-08-2004, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Re: Aftermarket --> stock headunit???

Originally posted by DMXtremeZ
Well, my Pioneer headunit was defective so i had to send it in to get it repaired so right now i have no radio or music in the C280. The Wiring harness is already in as i can see and the antenna adapter. I was wondering if you guys know if its possible to reconnect the stock headunit temporarily so i can listen to music while the pioneer headunit is getting repaired??? Help would be greatly appreciated, i dont know if you guys understand the value of not having music in a car as i do now ahhh
Clarification please.

Are you saying the original OEM plug is still installed and the Pioneer harness was spliced into that harness?
Old 02-09-2004, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Audi S4
Re: Re: Aftermarket --> stock headunit???

Originally posted by amdeutsch
Clarification please.

Are you saying the original OEM plug is still installed and the Pioneer harness was spliced into that harness?
The MB OEM wires are still there, hoever a few of the connections were split and went into the adapter harness so it could be compatible with the pioneer. I tried disconnecting the harness and connecting back the oem plugs into the stock head unit but no luck