Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W463 G-Class upgrade the sounds system Need your help!

Old 09-30-2015, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 s class
W463 G-Class upgrade the sounds system Need your help!

Hi all,

I have 03 G500 and I am not satisfied with the quality of the sound system nor the head unit look. I had Porsche cayenne with Bose sound system it was amazing!

For the head unit I am thinking of purchases this unit:

DVD GPS Navi BT Player Mercedes Benz E CLS CLK G Class W211 W219 W209 W463 8797 | eBay

DVD GPS Navi BT Player Mercedes Benz E CLS CLK G Class W211 W219 W209 W463 8797 | eBay

it has the oem look with further options, the downside it's Chinese made and they told me it's not support the fiber optic amplifier if my car has it!!

Since I don't have any idea about the cars audio systems please I need to know the followings:

- Does the head unit affect the quality of the car sound system? if yes can I still upgrade the sound equipment even with this unit?

- what is your best advise for upgrading the sound system? what I should change speakers? subwoofer? and what brand/size will fit perfectly? I don't want to change the oem look or install big equipment.

- since my car has the optical fiber is it hard to improve the sound equipment.

I appreciate any thought on this
Old 11-11-2015, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 212 Likes on 194 Posts
2013 glk 350
Look into Herz speakers like the 165xl, and an Audison 8.9 , I wouldn't put in a off brand head unit that lacks optical if you in fact have that because other systems share the optical path. This is what I put in Audison and Hertz are the same company so speakers and amp are matched . 165xl are very efficient. If you go to the Mille speakers the 8.9 won't give you the same loudness and an additional amp might be needed. I didn't want to get into power levels that strain the alternator or other electronics.