Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Burmester Speakers Buzzing like Kazoo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300
Burmester Speakers Buzzing like Kazoo

The speakers buzz from 200 Hz to 360 Hz. It is awful. The folks at Akron MB (Ohio) have tried twice to fix the problem, and Bedford (Ohio) have acknowledged the problem but won't fix it. Their technician even showed me the faulty part that causes the buzzing.

The 2016 C300 on loan was just as bad. This seems like a system wide issue, and anyone bothered by buzzing speakers are just out of luck.

I guess they expect us all to be part of the MP3 generation.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
can you take a video of it and post it?
Old 11-02-2015, 07:59 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by jbondox
can you take a video of it and post it?
It is hard to hear through computer speakers. But play it through a decent stereo and it sounds like a tin can. In person, any guitar playing, Mike Stern or other with clean electric guitar just sends it off buzzing on ever third note. This is from my car. But my temp 2016 service car is just as bad. They are suppose to deliver my car tomorrow, after replacing the speaker cover that I dented trying to dampen the buzzing. I sorely regret buying this car. They want me to escalate this with MBUSA. I am not sure why I have to do their job. MB is going to go down the drain if this is their standard of service in the US. I would fire myself if I ever lowered myself to their level of service.

http://youtu.be/q2-m4_-ZLRE

Last edited by MarcFP; 11-02-2015 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
Marc, do you have anything aftermarket like a tracking system in it? I can't hear it now as I am redoing my cave and don't have anything but the monitor speaker hooked up. I heard something weird in the beginning but just the test tone half way through.

I see you touching the grill like it stops when you touch it, maybe that is just the resonant frequency of the grill itself. If it is the grill then a few things can be done, new grills, add some weight to it towards the outside of the grill from the inside sparingly to not block the sound, sound deaden the door and then you can also add a speaker foam kit to the speaker itself... basically foam that will encompass the speaker from the back of the speaker to the door panel and from the front of the speaker trim to the back of the door panel.

i got to head to Bedford MB later this week, I will check a vehicle when I get there.

Also, is this only Bluetooth, or does it do it on CD also?
Old 11-03-2015, 11:17 AM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by jbondox
Marc, do you have anything aftermarket like a tracking system in it? I can't hear it now as I am redoing my cave and don't have anything but the monitor speaker hooked up. I heard something weird in the beginning but just the test tone half way through.

I see you touching the grill like it stops when you touch it, maybe that is just the resonant frequency of the grill itself. If it is the grill then a few things can be done, new grills, add some weight to it towards the outside of the grill from the inside sparingly to not block the sound, sound deaden the door and then you can also add a speaker foam kit to the speaker itself... basically foam that will encompass the speaker from the back of the speaker to the door panel and from the front of the speaker trim to the back of the door panel.

i got to head to Bedford MB later this week, I will check a vehicle when I get there.

Also, is this only Bluetooth, or does it do it on CD also?
No aftermarket devices. Any clean tone between 200-350 Hz, independant of source will resonate. I appreciate the suggestions. Anything I do will void the warranty and MB refuses to fix it. I suppose I could settup some elastics and paperclip dampeners on the outside of the grill. Are you with MB?

The service folks also mentioned a customer that listened to piano, and everytime certain notes were played her speakers buzzed. They did not fix her car either. Pianos clearly shouldn't have 88 keys, not acording to Burmester or MB.

I would hold on to the loaner, but is also aweful. Blah.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
I am not with MB anymore.
You can always try contacting Burmeister and ask them. MB Customer care also. There is an audio shop that specializes in a lot of MB stuff in Cleveland, access1alarm.com but I am sure it will not be a in and out scenario.