Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2003 c32 radio audio problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 09:59 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
03 E55
2003 c32 radio audio problem

I just bought a 03 C32 the other day and it has a radio problem (no sound coming from radio)

I don't have the navigation system just the regular tape radio.

The display works, I can change the radio station, press all the buttons, all work fine except when I press "CD" it says "NO CD CHANGER". My cd changer works I can remove the tray and all the but it doesn't detect it. I removed the CD player with the one screw it has and looked at the optic fiber lights. I only get one red light in the CD player and not the optic fiber cable. I bought a coupler bypass and connected it the way I was supposed to to make the "loop" and still nothing.

Next I go to the amp in the trunk and I don't get a light at all on the optic fiber cable. I did the coupler bypass on the optic fiber there and still nothing. I do hear kind of a click every time I turned on the radio from the amp. I have a 02 C32 also with a working radio, I put the 02 amp in the 03 and still nothing but now my radio doesn't work on my 02

After all that I replaced the amp fuse ,radio/stereo fuses from the side of the dash and under the hood and still nothing!

I still haven't removed the radio to check the wiring behind there but I wanted to ask my MB World people before I do anything else.

Thanks