Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

06 CLS 500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 500
06 CLS 500

Hi All,

I have a general battery question. I had gotten a low battery warning, but it would go away once I drive 5+ min. Since I live close to work and don't drive much, I guess the battery discharges more than I charge it through the alternator. Well, here's the problem:

The other day, the car locks up and I couldn't access anything, I had to use the manual key to get in the car so naturally I thought it was the battery. I disconnected the big battery in the trunk and charged it overnight.

Well this morning, I replaced the battery in the trunk. However, I accidentally put the negative on the negative side first, instead of the positive to positive first. When I connected the Positive side, I did notice the tail light turn back on, but once I tightened everything, the car then reverts back to before with everything locked (Steering, key, etc...)

My questions are,

1). Could the battery just be too old (assuming it's the original battery). I did recharge it overnight with one, will it not hold the charge?
2). Could it just be a blown fuse when I connected the negative to negative side first then the positive to positive?
3). Does the car automatically lock or I have to reset the car somehow?

Sorry if I was too wordy, I'm just trying to make sure I covered all details.

Thanks all in advance,
7yl3R_D