Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Comand NTG1 (W211) Black screen after software update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211
Comand NTG1 (W211) Black screen after software update

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with NTG1 in my W211 2003 and I hope someone will be able to help me.
I have decided to update my Comand software, in order to use latest maps, but after update the unit doesn't want to start. After I turn on ignition or start the car, the unit is dead. Black screen. No reaction on any button.
Programming proces went without any problem. 2 progress bars went to 100% and than there was information that unit will restart in 3 seconds. The software CD was automatically ejected and after that the unit turned off and never turned on.
I've checked all fusses, tried to reset unit using 3 buttons, I've disconnected battery for few minutes and than for a whole night. The car was connected to SD in my friend's garage and there was no error in navi module. Since the unit is dead, it doesn't want to receive the Service Disc. I tried to mount Service Disc and map DVD in the trunk but also no result.
If any one have any idea what else can I do to bring it to life I would be very grateful.

Paul
Old 02-07-2016, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
time to look for a replacement