Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Samsung S7 bluetooth issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 08:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 S550 4Matic
Question Samsung S7 bluetooth issues

cross post

Hi all...just got my new Samsung Galaxy S7 phone and tried to connect to my 2011 E550 4matic. Seems to pair but then drops the connection and cant make calls via bluetooth. No joy on media either. Have rebooted phone, have cleared cache, have unpaired and repaired to MB, nothing seems to work. I know BT works fine as i have a Samsung S6 and that works fine. I also know the S7 BT works as I connected two different headsets to the device.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but all signs point to older BT SW on the benz vs the brand new SW on the phone. But want to see if others are having similar troubles.

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
update comand at dealership
Old 03-13-2016, 10:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 S550 4Matic
I got it to work finally. How? I paired the car to the phone (vs the phone to the car). Meaning that I put COMAND in external authorization mode and found MB Bluetooth on the phone. It then connected and works fine. Frankly it should have worked the other way too but maybe the car could not handle the new Bluetooth 4.2 protocol that the phone is running (but that is just a guess.)

Hope this helps others who run into this...
The following users liked this post:
EuroDriverSD (03-15-2016)