Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Nokia Signal weak with Booster, Please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
Nokia Signal weak with Booster, Please help

I have the nokia 6310i kit and installed a seperate Hirschmann Antenna. THe signal is ok but not that great. It's usually always full when not plugged into the cradle. I bought a 1900mhz antenna compensator from Mercedes Benz which is suppose to increase the signal but it actually LOWERS the signal strength and then the signal is really bad. Anyone have any idea why? My teleaid antenna is out of the circuit totally and is left alone. I did not mess with this at all since I bought the Hirschmann antenna. Can something be wrong with the compensator?
Old 02-28-2004, 10:21 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would guess that something is wrong with the compensator then???
Because my 6310i works perfect with the Hirschmann antenna.
Was this always a problem, or did it just start? Why dont you try another antenna from a local audio shop?
Old 02-28-2004, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
If I plug in the Hirschmann antenna to the phone antenna wire directly, than it's pretty ok but not that great signal. I got the antenna after reading your post earlier. When I plug the antenna throught the compensator, then it's not so great at all. Is your antenna plugged directly into the phone antenna cable or going through the compensator? Also, do you have a part number for the compensator you are using?