Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

COMAND SYSTEM DOES NOT DISPLAY TIME w204

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C63
COMAND SYSTEM DOES NOT DISPLAY TIME w204

It happened the same day we all moved our clocks forward. Perhaps a Y2k for my C63's radio.Perhaps Not.

I was driving, then my radio cut out, the screen retreated, I said farewell; waited a moment, then powered the radio back on.

When I turned it back on, it seem a little different. I noticed the large analog clock was not shown under "system" nor did I even see an option to adjust time. You better believe I became habitually late to events too.

The radio also does not deceiver automatic Day/Night mode for the Map/radio display, nor will the buttons illuminate when my dashlights/headlights are turned on. (however the radio buttons will illuminate when manually selected in EMC TESTING in engineer mode..so I know they work.) I tricked the car.

Lastly, COMAND will not turn on/off with key ignition cycle...in fact while the car is running it will display the message (START ENGINE OR COMAND WILL TURN OFF IN 3 MINUTES BRO)

I found these codes within the radio, and subsequently still received no type of prize:

Audio/Radio, Speakers, and Nav work great. Nothing affected.

in engineer mode I found these error codes:
DTCc255 Lost com. with DISP_C
DTCc257Lost Com. with DISP_CTL
DTCd185 Lost Com with Turn/push (I believe this defines why comand wont turn on/off with key cycle.
DTCc020 B-CAN driver error

Last edited by MercEm63; 03-25-2016 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:24 PM

Received 177 Likes on 108 Posts
2016 E350 Sport; Mom Wrecked the 2008 E350; sold the 2002 C320
I don't know anything about the W204 in particular, but it seems that you may have a loose CANBUS wire connection. Probably the easiest/cheapest thing for you to try is to check that all connectors are pushed in solid, and for any kinks/broken wiring behind the head unit, amp and disk drive(s).