Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

GREEN COMAND SCREEN on 2016 GL350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 GL350BT, Cdn AMG pkg, 798 wheels
GREEN COMAND SCREEN on 2016 GL350

Hi all:

Three weeks into owning our new 2016 GL350 (ordered October 2015; Canadian), the COMAND screen turned green as in the attached diagram. It is in all views of the camera only, doesn't effect other aspects of the COMAND display. This is putting it into reverse and also just turning on the cameras. Happened for a few days then went back to normal. I did wash the car for the first time the day prior.

I asked my local MB service department and he has not seen this before and thought that as a wash occurred, maybe wait and see ...

Has been good until the past two weeks. Intermittently, it would come to life again, but after a few miles, it would be OK.

Like in this thread:https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...rns-green.html there is a green screen, but it appears different - more solid green without the linear influences as I am experiencing. Here the culprit was one of the lines or connection itself. Likewise as the OP, I have not been able to find anything else on searching online that anyway resembles this.

Is this a similar issue with this thread or does anyone have any ideas about the cause?

Car is just over 3 months old so all should be warrantied - again, asked the dealer initially and wanted to make sure here when I go back.

Many thanks,
PC
Attached Thumbnails GREEN COMAND SCREEN on 2016 GL350-image-2016-04-28-6.49-pm.jpeg