Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W220 - installing an Android unit with MOST

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W220
W220 - installing an Android unit with MOST

Hello all,
I registered here because I want to replace the radio in my W220 for a chinese aftermarket Android unit. I've got my mind set on one I like, but the trouble is, my car has the factory-installed BOSE system which plays great and I don't want to gut the car.
I heard that I need an adapter to hook up the new unit to the factory audio system on the MOST fiber optics bus.
I did some reading and somebody recommended the OPTI1. But it goes for $400-500 that is out of the question for me at the moment.
Some friends in Europe that have experience in car-audio systems told me that there is a company in Poland that makes adapters for $250. I'm definitely gonna check it out.

Do any of you have any experience with other adapters? Or is the OPTI1 the only option around the States?

Thanks
Old 05-28-2016, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
in the states I would contact access 1 for the opti-1, ( info@access1alarm.com ) they have them relatively inexpensive compared to what the manufacturer charges.