Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2007 Command unit, 2 plugs on rear plus fiber. What are the plugs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E320 Bluetec
2007 Command unit, 2 plugs on rear plus fiber. What are the plugs?

I'm getting ready to install an aftermarket system replacing the Command unit and need to supply constant power, accessory line..etc..etc and as such I'm trying to track those down.

The rear of my Command unit only has 2 small wiring connectors and the fiber.

I'm trying to track down what each wire does but everything I find online doesn't seem to come close, most units I find online have this massive black connector with a ton of pins and all I have are these 3 things.

Old 06-29-2016, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
3 pin is the aux input from the glove box, the other plug is your 2 optical, constan power, ground, and wake up.

if you are looking for where the hell is the am/fm and speaker wires.... it's in the trunk, drivers side above the tire well in between the support and outer skin
Old 06-29-2016, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
I read the whole post, you wil need to bypass the amp or add the optical interface to keep the factory system amp/speakers/sub the cheapest place that I know has it is Access 1, I/m there once a month for something i need and they have all the odd ****. http://www.access1alarm.com/vehicle-...-mercedes-benz

you will also need an antenna adapter and extension to run to the trunk as the tuner is part of the audio gateway (AGW) aka amplifier
Old 06-29-2016, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E320 Bluetec
The unit I purchased comes with everything needed to bypass fiber and what not, it just didn't come with installation instructions oddly. I managed to figure out where all the units wires went and it was just a matter of figuring out what those leading to the current unit were for.

Thanks for the info.