Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W210 Steering Wheel Controls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 Steering Wheel Controls

Hi, I have a 1998 W210 E-Class and I am trying to have the steering wheel controls feature retrofitted in my car. I had the steering wheel with control buttons & instrument cluster replaced to the newer version for W210 models. All parts are installed but I am having problems with the CAN signals & getting the instrument cluster, steering wheel buttons, radio all programmed. Does anyone have any information, instructions, etc. on what I need to do? Information identifying what Mercedes component(s) interface(s) between instrument, buttons etc. if at all (DAS verses HHT interface for cluster useful information? I tried to code the EIS (Ignition switch, Instrument cluster, M.E. etc.) The new cluster you have is accessed with the later Mercedes DAS diagnostics where the old one used the HHT interface like all the remaining units. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your support.

Last edited by youngblood; 07-31-2016 at 02:25 AM.