Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

w209 CLK Comand TV tuner....i want ipod in my car!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2004 | 10:35 PM

w209 CLK Comand TV tuner....i want ipod in my car!!!!

I just got a 2004 USA CLK 500 with factory installed comand. It has the port in the glovebox...yet i havnt the slightest idea what to do with it. What cable/adapter do i need so that i could hook up an audio source (and maybe even a video source, but only really care about audio). Then what do i need to do to activate such features so that i can hear the music as a drive. thanks for your help
Old 03-14-2004 | 12:10 AM

2002 C32 AMG
If the have the adapter in your glovebox, all you need is a simple audio patch cable with 1/8" stereo phone plugs on each end. Here's one from Radio Shack STEREO PATCH CABLE

That port should only allow audio and not video. Once you have your ipod plugged in, you need to press the SVC button and use the knob to get to AUX. That is your Aux audio input you are using so once you click on that it should read "AUX INPUT" on your COMAND. Then you are good to go.

Enjoy!
Old 03-14-2004 | 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250D
Yes that's correct, that port is a audio only port that is accessed in the svc menu of the comand. If you want video in your comand, do a search for tv tuner. Here's my site with the mods. MY SITE
Old 03-14-2004 | 01:43 PM

Thanks! i now have my ipod bumping in my car. But there is a problem. The volume keeps jumping up and down without me doing anything. I have tried numerous ipod/comand volume combnations and it keeps jumping up and down. Is there a filter or something i can buy to fix this? Thanks
Old 03-14-2004 | 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250D
There is something called bose audio pilot in your car that you can change around int he comand menu and see if that works. I can't figure what else it can be do to.
Old 03-20-2004 | 06:25 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 E211 240ET
I have my iPod connected in my car and the sound is very good, no jumping up and down! Could it be your settings in the itunes software? Go to (in iTunes) edit, preferences...effects...and make sure you've checked the "Sound check" box..(automatically adjusts song playback volume to the same level...)
Old 03-21-2004 | 11:39 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally posted by arashd
Thanks! i now have my ipod bumping in my car. But there is a problem. The volume keeps jumping up and down without me doing anything. I have tried numerous ipod/comand volume combnations and it keeps jumping up and down. Is there a filter or something i can buy to fix this? Thanks
I actually had something similar happen with my car and it turned out I hadn't plugged the audio connector in all the way. I wiggled them all around and finally got it plugged in all the way and now I have no problems with it at all.

The other thing it might be is the automatic sound reduction thinggie (technical term ) that the stereo does when you slow down. By default it is turned on and will lower the car volume when you slow down. You can have it turned off at a dealership.