Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

New Member with audio issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 08:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 GLE 450 Coupe
New Member with audio issues

Hello, any input would be greatly appreciated.

I just purchased a 16' GLE450 Coupe. I got the HK L7 and disconnected the factory woofer and installed an LC2i with an Alpine amp to 1 12" Sub. I have the engine (Active Sound or whatever they call it) coming through the subwoofer multiplied by 500 Watts now. I never heard it through the factory Sub. I did hook the factory sub back up and it does the same thing. So,

Is there a way to shut off this feature?

Do they feed this sound through all speakers or just the sub? Its very hard to tell with car running and ear up to door panel. (The next closest speakers to grab would be the rear side deck or rear doors.)

Does anyone have the wire colors and locations for the speaker wires for this car?

This is so disappointing...

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.

GLE
Old 08-10-2016, 08:20 AM

2016 GLE 450 Coupe
Here is a shot of my setup:

Old 08-21-2016, 06:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E300 4Matic, 2006 C180 Kompressor, 2007 S550 AMG Package
Mercedes main dealerships will be able to deactivate it through their computer systems. Ask your supplying dealer if they can do this. Maybe also try to put the car in comfort mode, it should make the sound come out slightly less audible. I think that the sound is fed through the rear speakers but don't take my word for it.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:08 PM

2016 GLE 450 Coupe
Originally Posted by w203ck
Mercedes main dealerships will be able to deactivate it through their computer systems. Ask your supplying dealer if they can do this. Maybe also try to put the car in comfort mode, it should make the sound come out slightly less audible. I think that the sound is fed through the rear speakers but don't take my word for it.
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately i have been to the dealer and after 2.5 hrs they came up with nothing. Yes the sound does mute a bit in comfort mode but its still there. Sport+ Mode is unbearable. I ended up installing the RUX knob for my amp and just have to turn the subwoofer down when it distracts me. Overall the system sounds amazing and i will just have to live with it until hopefully a solution becomes available.