Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Bluetooth cell phone car kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Bluetooth cell phone car kit

Hi, has anybody tried this product CK3000 http://www.driveblue.com/(kbyrkqqx0jynku45s33xk0aa)/Default.aspx?root=ck3000 I have herd this works and they also have harnesses for MB’s. I have seen the product on eBay for about $200.00 and my friend says you can get harness for about $100 bucks so it sounds much better solution for total cost of less than $300.00. If anybody have any experience with the product let me know.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
I don't know how true the harness part is but it's a car kit like any other. Your steering wheel functions will not work but you can wire it to your speakers and mike.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 E350 wagon; BMW G12 (2020) G01 (2019)
I have a plug in unit from Parrot. I think they call it DriveBlue. I am disappointed with it. The Bluetooth connection is made with my phone just fine and it is fairly easy to train to accept voice dial commands (like "home"). But in the middle of a conversation it will "drop out" for a few seconds at a time. Its not lost the connection because if you wait you can continue talking but it sure is annoying. It is also, as best I can tell, not full duplex. That is, when you are speaking with someone, each person needs to finish waht they are saying before the other starts talking. This is the way speakerphones were years ago, and its awful. I ended up buying a Motorola full install kit for my phone. I get no steering wheel controls of course, and no muting, but it has its own speaker and mike and the quality is first rate. IMHO, bluetooth is OK for earphone/mikes but is more promise than deliver for a car kit. And I am an "early adopter" too.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:07 AM

W203 CDI220 Coupe
CK3000 is the full-duplex, wired version of DriveBlue. It uses a non-standard ISO connection but you can get standard leads that hook up to Audio 10/30 and COMAND with mute from http://www.autoleads.co.uk/home.html.

I had one fitted to a Jag recently and found it worked pretty well, although I had intermittent pairing problems with my PDA - my wife's 6310 worked fine. The microphone is not ideal but you could use any OEM handsfree mic.

Software upgrades are available off the net - version 3.13 is the latest which improves interaction with the XDA2.

There are new versions of the product coming up at CeBIT and Wireless 2004 this month - CK3100 adds a remote console with called-ID, CK3300 adds a bluetooth GPS (which works with your PDA) and CK3500 is a pro package that apparently adds a GSM antenna and receiver with remote SIM card access (in other words it does pretty much what UHI does on the new MBs).

I have found Parrot stuff to be ok, although their customer support is flakey and build quality is well below Nokia or SE standards. But is does a lot more.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the CK3000 in my Ford Expedition. It works great. Plus they constantly update the software. Got mine from www.expansys.com

i have an Alpine CVA1006 in my truck, but it went in just fine and it works with my Sony Ericsson T616 phone and my nokia phones well.

check the forums at www.expansys.com

Rae
Old 04-16-2004, 12:07 PM

Parrot CK3000

Hi,

I'd like to install a Parrot CK 3000, does anyone have and DIY guides for removing the Stereo Head Unit from C 220 CDi (2003).

Thanks,

Harry
Old 04-17-2004, 05:19 AM

W203 CDI220 Coupe
Someone has posted a detailed account of fitting a COMAND earlier on this forum - same process.

The standard loom with the Parrot will need modification on a CAN-bus car as it needs a switched +ve. Also l think the telephone mute options aren't compatible (don't quote me), not that much of a problem as the mute provides relays to isolate the speakers. NB you cannot run phone through the speakers if you have BOSE audio.

I used a cable from Autoleads to bridge, so l didn't need to modify either Parrot, Autoleads ISO connector or car wiring. This also gives me a lead long enough to fit the Parrot in the passenger footwell (using Velcro).

Good luck!