Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

ow to get a "full body" audio experience from Burmester?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 09:21 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
ow to get a "full body" audio experience from Burmester?

2017 C300 coupe.
I'm not an audiophile, nor am I overly picky about how my car's music sounds, but I do think I have a problem with the Burmester system sound...when compared to my ATS LUX (Bose, 9 speakers). I know that the Bose system inherently isn't as good a system, but to my ears it sounds a whole lot better. Naively, I'm thinking this is not the way it should be . I'm mostly listening to HD radio (local and Sirius) in both cars. The ATS sound definitely seems to fill the car (a better "fullness" experience) with sound much better than does the C300 sound. I wonder why?

No matter how I adjust the balance, fade, and a small bump to the bass when in the surround function (trying front/full/rear,) the sound just doesn't seem to be full, but rather seems to come mostly from the center and appears to be slightly tinny.

Maybe some one who thinks they are getting reasonable sound from their Burmester could clue me in a bit?
Old 09-20-2016, 09:23 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet
Turn off the surround. The HK 7 system also has a sucky surround that completely FUBARs the stereo imaging.