Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Blocked Voice input on iPhone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 02:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 S65 AMG (current), 2016 C63 S AMG (sold)
Blocked Voice input on iPhone

Is there a way to allow the voice input to text on the actual iPhone (little microphone button on keyboard) when the phone is bluetooth connected to the MB? This button allows you to dictate text in the creation or response to an email instead of typing it out.

When I try to use this phone feature, the phone gets a small blue little banner and blocks. (only when bluetooth connected to my w205)

Also, before someone begins to tell me this is not safe when driving (which I agree with), let me clarify. I use this function a lot while sitting in a parking lot for longer periods of time between meetings, waiting for the kids practice to end, etc. Having the phone connected to bluetooth is desired as I am also making calls, listening to music, etc., but I am also going through emails and instead of hand typing these out I dictate them by using the little microphone button that comes up on the keyboard of phone.

Any help is appreciated.