Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Replacements for Stock CD Changer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 11:14 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 C55 AMG
Replacements for Stock CD Changer

2005 C55 AMG I want to replace the CD changer, has anyone replaced one? If so which model did you use? Seems replacing it would be straight forward if the new one had a fiber optic connector. So Brands and models anyone? Thanks
Old 12-17-2016, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
brand: mercedes only, c class 203 body style. call some local high end shops, they might have a few laying around because people are replacing their units with modern technology and that changer takes a huge chunk of usable real estate in the glove box. When i used to do this stuff i gave them back so i wouldn't have to empty the trash as much But there was a few I would forget on the bench when in a hurry
Old 12-17-2016, 08:36 PM

2005 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by jbondox
brand: mercedes only, c class 203 body style. call some local high end shops, they might have a few laying around because people are replacing their units with modern technology and that changer takes a huge chunk of usable real estate in the glove box. When i used to do this stuff i gave them back so i wouldn't have to empty the trash as much But there was a few I would forget on the bench when in a hurry
I thought about that, but with the problems they have(the stock units) I wanted to try and get one that actually worked all the time. I'm also looking into getting my current one repaired. I appreciate the response though.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
I actually might have one in my garage from my wifes. Will let you know tomorrow. It should be brand new, was removed the day the vehicle was bought.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:10 PM

2005 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by jbondox
I actually might have one in my garage from my wifes. Will let you know tomorrow. It should be brand new, was removed the day the vehicle was bought.

This would be cool, let me know. Thanks
Old 12-24-2016, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
I apologize, had to head out of town, will be back and then I will check. I will also call Access 1 Alarm when I get back to have the tech see if they have any that they saved.