Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Please Help with V60s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E320 4Matic Obsidian Black/Ash
Please Help with V60s

Hi Everyone -

I'm in the process of upgrading the startac in my 2000 E320 to a MB V60s phone. I bought the phone and its working great, and I just ordered the parts to upgrade the cradle and PSE....but the cradle doesn't fit and I need help with the correct part numbers.

PSE - I ordered Q682 0845 (Allegedly the latest PSE for Timeport/V60). The dealer sent me Q682 0886 Its a PSE with a blue bar code on it, and it plugs in and turns on.... but is this the correct part number????? (Did they update it again?)

Cradle - I ordered Q682 0898 as per the MBusaphones.com website which lists this as the LATEST V60s cradle for the E class.

Well unfortunately it didn't list the years of E class and this seems to be for a 2003-2004 e class. First of all, the connector on the end is completely different than my startac (RJ45 like jack). And second, the cord length is wayy too short to connect in the console.

Help!!! What part number do I need for the 2000 E class with a V60s cell phone??? And is this PSE part number right?

Thank you for any help at all!
Old 03-31-2004, 01:12 AM
Mik

I've got the same PSE and was sceptical at first, but it IS the V60 PSE in fact !
Old 03-31-2004, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
Re: Please Help with V60s

Originally posted by cobac
Hi Everyone -

I'm in the process of upgrading the startac in my 2000 E320 to a MB V60s phone. I bought the phone and its working great, and I just ordered the parts to upgrade the cradle and PSE....but the cradle doesn't fit and I need help with the correct part numbers.

PSE - I ordered Q682 0845 (Allegedly the latest PSE for Timeport/V60). The dealer sent me Q682 0886 Its a PSE with a blue bar code on it, and it plugs in and turns on.... but is this the correct part number????? (Did they update it again?)

Cradle - I ordered Q682 0898 as per the MBusaphones.com website which lists this as the LATEST V60s cradle for the E class.

Well unfortunately it didn't list the years of E class and this seems to be for a 2003-2004 e class. First of all, the connector on the end is completely different than my startac (RJ45 like jack). And second, the cord length is wayy too short to connect in the console.

Help!!! What part number do I need for the 2000 E class with a V60s cell phone??? And is this PSE part number right?

Thank you for any help at all!

Have you checked the mikbox out yet?

www.mikbox.com
Old 03-31-2004, 11:10 AM
Almost a Member!

2001 ML-320 & C-320
You need Q682 0896 .....

The 0898 listed for the "E" is for the new wiring & MOST F/O network. The connector on the one you have now is probably a ten pin square similar to what has been used in Europe.

The 0896 is the long cord cradle with the RJ connector which is the same that is used for the CLK, M, & G class. The V60s is the only phone that requires the new cradle although the new one will work with all V60 phones.

Your PSE is fine!!!

Paul:p
Old 03-31-2004, 01:48 PM

Thank you very much guys!! The dealer called MB for me because they weren't sure either, they are going to send a different cradle tomorrow.... apparently it is cheaper (shrug).

I was reading the V60s will fit in the V60i cradle if you take out the battery insert and I'm not planning on using the extra capacity battery anyway... so hopefully whatever they send me works!!!

I did see the Mikbox...very cool! I'm so happy someone was able to invent such a device!! Unfortunately, I purchased the V60s before the idea surfaced, and the PSE/cradle aren't much $. The v60s is perfect for me, but as soon as I'm tired of it I'll sure be looking in Mik's direction!! Trying to get other friends/MB owners interested in going for the Mikbox as well, I wish it was available for my XJ8 they only offer the timeport still....

Thanks
Andrew
Old 03-31-2004, 03:57 PM
Mik

As a matter of fact --- I think Jaguar and BMW use the exact same phone integration, so its possible that it would work.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:06 AM

The only issue I can see with the Jaguar is the fact that the PSE is located in a very tight spot below the console. So I'm not sure if there would be any room to locate the MikBox there.....the PSE looks very similar but doesn't use fiber optic. But I do have a feeling the systems are closely interchangeable.... the phones probably work between brands as well even though they are "special".... so there is hope that MikBox can be interchangeable