Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Device unavailable 2011 CL63 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL63 AMG
Device unavailable 2011 CL63 AMG

C216 2011 C63 AMG

Hi,

I have a 2011 CL63 AMG which has developed a problem with the command screen coming up with device unavailable. I was driving to the gym this morning with the FM radio on, it sort of froze. I restartedthe car and now I have the device unavailable message.

I can get most of the functions on the command system , but it seems anything which involves playback of sound, it either displays the message or just stays trying to play something.

For example, I can connect my phone via Bluetooth, but there is no playback when IK cam connected. I can read the music register, select a song , but then it sort of just stays trying to play the song.

One possibility is a couple of days before my wife hit a speed bump at quite high speed, left side only as the other side of the bump was missing and it was quite a big bang. So maybe some connection has been dislodged but I have been driving it for a few days and its been okay till now.

Any ideas on where to start, I have disconnected both batteries.

The problem for me is I live in Cyprus (Mediterranean) and the only Mercedes dealership is dodgy at best, and this is the only CL63 on the island.

Many thanks

Scott
Old 03-13-2017, 09:01 AM

CL63 AMG
Update. I have disconnected both batteries, but issue still the same.
thanks
Old 09-13-2019, 11:24 AM

2012 CL63 AMG
Did you ever get this solved?
Where is the second battery? I have a 2012 CL63 AMG and only one battery- I think.
Thanks.

Last edited by ButterfieldBob; 09-13-2019 at 11:25 AM. Reason: It is CL, not C
Old 09-14-2019, 02:25 AM

CL63 AMG
there is only 1 battery, not sure why I said 2. I had the amp sent for repair and it worked for about 6 months and now it is doing the same thing. It sometimes stops working then is fine for a while. I don't think the amp is the problem, possibly a wire / connection issue.