Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Comand Shutdown

Old 03-14-2017, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220d
Comand Shutdown

I have a C220d (2016) with Comand Online.

The navigation system stops working after a few minutes on a road that is not on its maps.

It begins saying "unpaved road" and it ends up saying "no route".

Even when returning on a known route, the navigation system shows the position on the map but it is not able to compute any path ("No Route").

The only way to make it work again is to get out of the car for a prolonged period, so that the system does a "shutdown" and then restarts slowly with the initial "Mercedes Benz" logo. Turning it off or leaving the car shortly does not have any effect, since it seems the Comand just enters some "sleep" mode and awakes in the same status as it was turned off.

A way to make it work quicker is to reset Comand, but all configurations are lost.

I was wondering whether there is any way to force an immediate Comand Shutdown instead of a simple "sleep".

Of course a software fix would be better.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
Yea software updates include updated maps as the roads change.

I think in Florida they degrade more than they improve. I was here before I-4 and the have not finished it yet.

If the maps do not recognize a new road then blamo. She normally recomputed though.
Your settings might give the reset route option.