Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Bose system with aftermarket adapter C32 AMG W203

Old 04-06-2017, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes Benz C32 AMG
Bose system with aftermarket adapter C32 AMG W203

Hi guys.

I do realize there are endless topics on this but maybe this will put it closer to the item I need.

In short I am in South Africa and have a C32 AMG which has the Bose fibre optic system. I purchased the following head unit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192054165632

It arrived safely in South Africa and is installed in my vehicle. But only to find out I need some special adapter in order for me to get sound working. upon time of purchase I was unaware that the Bose fibre optic system needs some kind of special adapter.

Can someone maybe post a link of a website in the USA that has these adapters needed for my unit in order that I can have sound?
I have emailed the seller on ebay for assistance but he is out of office so I am hoping someone can put me in a right direction of what adapter I need and what it looks like as I can also then maybe google it and try to get this item/adapter as I have no idea what its even called or what it looks like.

Thanks guys.

Greetings from South Africa.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Various Fiat
There is no such converter/adapter for that radio to work on the D2B fibre optic system in your car. You can bypass the factory amplifier in the boot and hard wire the radio outputs directly to the speakers.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes Benz C32 AMG
Originally Posted by gapcobenz
There is no such converter/adapter for that radio to work on the D2B fibre optic system in your car. You can bypass the factory amplifier in the boot and hard wire the radio outputs directly to the speakers.

I did manage to find such a ciinverter box where the fibre optic cable connects into the box and then via RCA cables to the unit. Only to find out that it was the wrong box as the connectors in the box is not the same as the W203 fibre optic connector of my C32 AMG.

So I purchased a Rockford Fosgate 5 channel amp and installed new cables.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards