Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Command to end tel call in linguatronic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 Sport estate
Command to end tel call in linguatronic

I've been trying to master Linguatronic in a small way. The one thing that I cannot find anyhwere is a command to end an incorrect or misdialled/instructed telephone call after dialling starts. Unless I have missed it somewhere, it is completely ridiculous. You can end route guidance and various other commands, but not an embarrassing call to the wrong person it seems.

Please say I am wrong and share the secret!!

Thanks
Old 06-23-2017, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 168 Likes on 120 Posts
2016 E350 4Matic; 2018 GLC300 4Matic; 2005 C55; 2003 360 Modena
Push the lever towards the front of the car.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
VCM Manual voice control.pdf (859.6 KB, 154 views)
The following users liked this post:
rjhfandclf (06-24-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 05:19 AM

C220 Sport estate
Originally Posted by kjb55
Push the lever towards the front of the car.
Many thanks - I'm away for a couple of weeks, so will try when I return. The manual attached appears similar to what I have read in the car's docs on Linguatronic, but I will look at it when I am able.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:15 AM

C220 Sport estate
Originally Posted by rjhfandclf
Many thanks - I'm away for a couple of weeks, so will try when I return. The manual attached appears similar to what I have read in the car's docs on Linguatronic, but I will look at it when I am able.
I have now had a chance to go through both the linked pdf (thanks again) and the car's Linguatronic manual in conjunction with the controls. I didn't quite understand the reference to 'pushing the lever forward' until I realised that this was a different system. Mine is controlled either by the Linguatronic steering wheel activation button, or manually via the Comand knob and the s/w multifuntion buttons ... so no lever. However the mechanics are broadly the same, except that without the lever, it does seem that the only way to end a call early is by manually pressing the relevant s/w button - i.e., there is no voice command to end a call.

I have to repeat that it seems somewhat lacking for a voice control system to rely on a manual act for a significant event to occur. It's no big deal, just a bit bizarre! ... unless of course I am still missing something, but I can find no obvious references anywhere. It seems you can terminate almost anything by voice except a phone call!