Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W211 (E350 2008) need some advice oparating the piece of crap AVIAN's Android 511

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 09:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C240 '98 (W202/M112) E350 '08 (W211/M272)
W211 (E350 2008) need some advice oparating the piece of crap AVIAN's Android 511

As you can see I'm still feeling very disappointment with the AVIAN's Android 511 and I've opened a thread the E-Class (W211) forum ("https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/675381-some-questions-about-avian-s-android-511-piece-crap-audio-unit.html") but I think it would be better to ask the questions hear.

The unit itself ("https://avinusa.com/mercedes-benz-e-class-cls-android-6-0-marshmallow-gps-navigation-system-w211-w219.html") seems like a chip Chinese head unit you can find in Alibaba / EBay for a couple of hundred bucks, a small difference is that all the sight have some sell it with documentation (printed or as a file on the system) but not AVIAN so I have ask around...

-My major problem is the radio doesn't connect to the internet using my cellular phone using BT/USB tethering. Is there a way (application or something else) to to do it?
-Is it possible to use other CD player application other then AVIAN junk? Their application is very primitive and limited, all you can do is: Enter/Exit folder, play/stop, forward and backward. I couldn't find a way to display the tracks names (and when you have 50+ folders and sub folders its a must)
-Most of the chip Chinese head units can connect to a front camera and recording, is it possible with that radio?