Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Command online internet access via iPhone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B Class 200 Sport
Command online internet access via iPhone

I am in the UK and have a 2012 B Class 200 sport. It is a lovely car but in my 5 years of ownership have never been able to connect to the internet via the command online system.

I have just had a service and they tried but couldn't make it work - I heard it should work but they have no idea why it doesn't it.. Having searched the web and tried multiple ways of fixing this too and can confirm I cannot fix it either! As if I ever could..

I have now paid for a new Command system to be installed (yr 17/18) and have an iPhone 7 with all the latest updates (up to 6 Aug17) but still I cannot access the internet on the command system.

This is not a life changing problem but would welcome knowing if this were an issue that can fixed - especially as MB UK don't seem to know what to do.

With advance thanks
Old 08-14-2017, 07:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes GLC 250d, Mercedes B200
Make sure that your phone is paired to the COMAND system and switch on the Personal Hotspot using bluetooth on you phone. Your should then be able to connect to the internet.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
I, too, have the same issue. I have paired my phone to my car and can use features on my car to dial my phone, but cannot seem to connect to phone's hotspot for internet use from my car (utilizing traffic data, etc.) by accessing the personal hotspot on my phone.
Any words of advice would be appreciated!
Thank you.