Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Trip Computer/Odometer Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2002, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 E450 wagon 2011 Toyota Tacoma
Trip Computer/Odometer Question

I just bought a 2002 E320 wagon and am still finding features of the vehicle that I didn't know about. I do alot of driving between Southern California and Northern California. What I'm wondering is, if I could input the distance in miles to my destination at the beginning of a long drive, is there a way for the trip computer to tell me how long it will take to arrive at my destination at a given speed?

Whenever I pass one of those signs that tells me how far it is to a given city, I try to figure out how much longer I'm going to be on the road. For example, the sign says it's 320 miles to Sacramento. I figure that if I drove 320 miles per hour, I'd be there in an hour. Well, my car can't go that fast so if I drove 160 miles per hour, it would take me two hours to get to Sacramento. Well, I don't think my car can go that fast but if it could, the CHP probably has cars that drive that fast so I'm sure I'd get pulled over instead of outrun them as I could if I were driving 320 miles per hour. So if I drive 80 miles per hour, I'll be there in four hours. My car does 80 mph easily and it's only 5 miles over the speed limit so the CHP will probably leave me alone. But at that speed, I'll be holding up traffic and I don't want to be sitting here for four hours so if I drive 90 mph....... You get the idea.

Is there a way for the car to calculate this for me more accurately than I could ever hope to do in my head?

I realize this might be covered in the manual except I left the manual at my parent's house last time I was in Northern California.
Old 04-10-2002, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
The ETA is a standard feature with the Command option.

It also constantly calculates distance in miles or km, speakes to you in 6 different languages, as it guides you to your destination.

Another neat feature of Command:

It sets the daylight savings time via satellites - automatically.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 E450 wagon 2011 Toyota Tacoma
So I guess without the Comand option, I'm stuck doing long division in my head?
Old 04-16-2002, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Originally posted by s810
So I guess without the Comand option, I'm stuck doing long division in my head?
Comand liberates your left brain activity, so that you may enjoy creative pursuits with your right brain.