Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Weird 190E Stereo Problem - No power?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Mercedes Benz E320
Weird 190E Stereo Problem - No power?

Hey all,

I recently picked up a 93 190E 2.6 Sportline in good shape for cheap.

The first thing it needed outside of brakes was a new radio - the aftermarket Sony that was in it was a bit flaky and had no aux port.

So I bought a cheap one off Amazon and went to install it. Immediately noticed the PO didn't install it with a harness but still no big deal, I have installed probably 25 stereos in my life.

The issue I've run into is the cheap one didn't power on. I assumed it was because it was cheap so I tried a known good Pioneer - also didn't power on.

I've checked all the wiring and I used a multimeter to test all the power - ground is good, switched is good, constant is good. All test just fine but the radio will NOT turn on or get power.

I assumed it was a ground issue but I don't see a good location to relocate the ground to - I tested it on a few spots just to see if it power (holding it to the potential ground) and nothing.

The weird thing is that the Sony that was in it worked - it powered on and played music, etc... so what would stop TWO other HUs from working if the prior did work?

Open to suggestions.

Thanks!
Old 08-26-2017, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Mercedes Benz E320
Oh and of note - I checked the fuses for laughs even though it had power, fuses are good.