Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W207//W212 Bluetooth streaming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 Cabrio
W207//W212 Bluetooth streaming

Hello

After a few years I returned to MB.

Now with my E Cabrio from 8/2010 I have a car for everything, sports and family ... less for streaming audio 😑!

This is why that I came to you for help ... the car has no iPod interface ... so things gets difficult. The interfaces are easy to arrange, though they never come with the cables that connect from the unit to the interface (but I believe they will sell on Mercedes dealer). I think installing the interface will not be difficult, however I do not know if you need to encode the command drive to "say it now has ipod interface".

Here in portugal Mercedes dealers don't "code radios or anything"...they just sell car / Car parts....

Do you know any wizards who can solve this problem ??

Do you recommend some kind of solution?

My unit is the most basic, I deem NGT 4. It has bluetooth and mp3 in cds ...

Thank you all
Old 09-19-2017, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk
You can stream music the easy way with a $15 bluetooth FM tranmister that plugs into the cigarette lighter. It works by connecting your iPhone then stream/play music thru a selected FM station on the factory radio. All is wireless. Sound quality is very good as I heard it. There are buttons to receive phone calls, etc.

Search for "bluetooth FM transmitter" on eBay.