Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2005 Comand system with Nav - time resets to Germany

Old 10-26-2017, 03:59 PM

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
'15 GLK350, '05 CL65 AMG, '04 C320 4matic
2005 Comand system with Nav - time resets to Germany

The clock in my US spec 2005 CL65 has started malfunctioning. It has the Comand system with Nav, and it seems that the clock issue is related to the Nav. Here's the situation; I can set the time through the service menu on the Comand screen to my local time zone and all works correctly until I shut down the car and go to restart. If the car is outdoors, where it can get a GPS signal, then the time zone resets to Germany when I restart. If the car is inside a building where it cannot get a GPS signal -- like in a large concrete parking deck then the time zone is correct even after I restart. But as soon as I drive out of the parking deck and it can get a GPS signal then the time reverts to German time zone again.

The Nav system is also not remembering my destination entries after restart. Anyone have an idea what may be causing this? Is there a memory component such as a battery backup memory or a flash memory that fails with age? Is it fixable?