Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W221 media interface question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W221 media interface question

2013 S550. I currently have an old Itouch hooked up to the media interface which lets me see all songs, playlists, artists ect on the Command screen which is great. I leave it in glove box. I bought a Bluetooth adapter and plugged in into Aux part of the same cable so I can stream Pandora, youtube ect. (It has a usb power cord so I have a constant power source in Glove box. Only problem is car won't let me have them both plugged in and work. I have to unplug the itouch before the Bluetooth works on the aux setting. Using factory cable. Does anyone know of a media interface cable that will allow you to use both without unplugging one? My other option is to just buy a Bluetooth that lets you see data on screen but I'd rather not do that at this point as I hear those modules don't always transmit the data end properly. Anyone know why the factory one can't handle an aux in and an ipod connection at the same time? Thanks!