Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W124 Rear Speaker Problem Please Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo Diesel
W124 Rear Speaker Problem Please Help

Well I tried to remove the rear speakers last night in my w124. I used this guide (http://www.mercedesshop.com/w124_stereo_removal.htm)
I was able to loosen the speakers, but I cannot find the clip to remove the grille and pop out the speaker. Has anyone done this? I''d really like to get this done, I've done a lot of searches on a lot of different websites and I'm still struggling.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:26 AM

I've done it

Get a screwdriver, and get into the trunk of the car. Find a small hole close to the speaker. Poke the screw driver up this hole and gently apply more force until the grill lifts a little bit. Then get back in the car, and lift the grill up. It will be tight. The clips are on the edge facing the centre of the car. They have metal teeth, but the clips are plastic, and can break easily if you're not careful.
Old 05-16-2004, 09:01 PM

Turbo Diesel
I attempted to remove them again today, still ZERO luck. I do not see the small holes you are speaking of.
I see the clips holding the speaker in place.
When i unclip them and the speaker has some give, (about 1/2" to an inch) I can see the speaker molding holding on, but i see nothing to push up on and no way to remove it.
If I took some pics would this help you to help me?

Should I just pay $40 to have someone professional take them out? I really want to do this myself . . .

Thanks for your help.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:10 AM

Yep

Yeah pictures would help. I'm surprised you are having difficulty with this ... but then again, the w124 had a few changes over the years. That page on MercedesShop.com was perfect for me.

But yeah, pictures would help. I'll point out what you need to look for when I see them.

It is a good idea to do it yourself. That way you can experience it, and you can save money, and you can do it for other people.