Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Help with R171 SLK 55 Harmon NAV wiring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 10:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1998 C43 AMG (wrecked, fixing), 2017 Ram 1500
Help with R171 SLK 55 Harmon NAV wiring

Hey everyone!

I just picked up an 05 SLK 55 today. It's a great car but the radio is a bit of a rats nest. It appears that an aftermarket head unit or something was installed and the OEM was poorly reinstalled when it was traded in.

The radio is not currently working. When you push the pwr button you can see the screen turn color but it stays blank, but the multi-function display in the gage cluster says "Audio ON" or something similar. So the unit is turning itself on. Now, in the trunk I have noticed 2 plugs not plugged into anything on the left side of the trunk under a plastic trim cover (the plugs are wrapped in anti vibration foam. Also, there is an aftermarket BT/ USB module in the glovebox and the CD changer is missing (if it came with a CD changer originally).

So my question is, would anyone with the NAV/ Harman Kardon system be willing or able to take some pictures of your trunk, under the plastic cover and behind the trim? It would be great if someone has upgraded their radio and might have some pics of the glovebox wiring too...I'm trying to figure out what parts are missing and if the wiring is hacked up.

Thanks in advanced!