Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

need help with installation!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 02:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 C36
need help with installation!

hey hope you guys can help me out. im trying to install an alpine deck. the problem right now is the deck won't power up. My amp and sub is already hooked up, when i turn the key i can hear the amp power up but the deck is not powered.
for the harness, i matched the wires with the right colors so it should power up right? theres an orange wire that is unlabeled i hooked it up to an orange with white strip wire because there were no other orange wires. i dont have an antenna hooked up to the deck. what problems do you guys see? thanks hopefully there will be a solution. thanks eevryone.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Re: need help with installation!

Originally posted by KenzBenz
hey hope you guys can help me out. im trying to install an alpine deck. the problem right now is the deck won't power up. My amp and sub is already hooked up, when i turn the key i can hear the amp power up but the deck is not powered.
for the harness, i matched the wires with the right colors so it should power up right? theres an orange wire that is unlabeled i hooked it up to an orange with white strip wire because there were no other orange wires. i dont have an antenna hooked up to the deck. what problems do you guys see? thanks hopefully there will be a solution. thanks eevryone.
http://www.beckerautosound.com/1492.html

Use that pinout. You probably used the pinout that comes with a VW/Audi connector, which is different.

-s-
Old 05-19-2004, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
what amp are you using?