Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2010 E350 Bluetooth Issues with iPhone X

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350
2010 E350 Bluetooth Issues with iPhone X

Hi all. I just recently purchased a 2010 E350. Great car and my 2nd Mercedes. However I have been experiencing bluetooth issues which are very frustrating.
Initially my phone (iPhone X on iOS 11.3.1) would not connect to the Comand at all. It would instantly disconnect after pairing and say it was unsuccessful.
So I took it to the dealership, they updated the Comand software which fixed the connection issue.

However now when I listen to bluetooth audio it skips constantly like a scratched CD which makes it unlistenable. Literally skipping every few seconds.
I accidentally discovered that if I restart my phone while it's connected that it fixes this issue and bluetooth audio doesn't skip anymore.
Obviously it's incredibly inconvenient to have to restart my phone everytime I want to listen to music. I also have to do this again everytime I restart the car.

So my question is, has anyone else experienced similar problems? Why would restarting my phone fix this issue, albeit temporarily.
I'm taking her back to the dealership tomorrow. Just wondering if there are any permanent fixes for this. They already updated Comand software.

Thanks!