Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

No audio from command unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 09:36 AM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
E400
No audio from command unit

Every so often, not every time, upon startup the audio is off. If it is on radio, media or navi there is no audio. If I select mute on the steering wheel or push down on the volume selector and then again select mute the sound comes back. Dealership tech support guy said he has experienced this but has no answer. Any help from this forum will be appreciated
Old 05-28-2018, 03:49 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2006 W221 S500L
Could be the amplifier (called AGW, Audio Gateway) or the headunit.
Read the car with Xentry and it will probably say which node on the MOST ring is causing trouble.
The following users liked this post:
Cambridgehank (05-28-2018)
Old 05-29-2018, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S430 w/MOST
We just got our 2004 S430 in a trade for a Nissan Maxima and the COMAND unit says No Audio, System Not Available. So, I went to Google and ended up on this site. After following a couple simple steps I ended up in the trunk of car where I noticed the panel on left side had been previously removed. Upon further investigation and removing the side panel I noticed a lot of wires laying there, not plugged in and what appeared to be a missing part (the Audio Gateway box). That's why I'm having the issue. Now I'm trying to find one for less than $200 lol.

I also reset the A/C system using buttons on dash from this site - very happy with all the knowledge on here.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:31 PM

E400
g
Originally Posted by Jaap
Could be the amplifier (called AGW, Audio Gateway) or the headunit.
Read the car with Xentry and it will probably say which node n the MOST ring is causing trouble.
I had the car in the service department all day. The technician started the car off and on for six hours and of course nothing happened
He told me the Audio Gateway in 2018 has been updated and the software tested out ok. I can live with it happening and I can control it and turn the sound back on. I am glad it is on the record, if something major happens in the future.
Old 07-28-2018, 03:43 PM

E400
Service technician, service advisor and I discovered the issue. I have an iPod touch connected to the center armrest USB connector. When I have "Media" selected and playing the iPod then turn off the car, the next startup no sound from the command unit. If the iPod is not connected, which is how I leave the car at dealership, everything works. So, we have agreed, it is the iPod. I cannot wait until the Apple update arrives for the iPhone.