Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2008 CLK new SatNav Screen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 01:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 w209 CLK 350 convertible with AMG kit
2008 CLK new SatNav Screen

Hi All,

I recently replaced my Satnav / TV screen on my 2008 W209 CLK 350 convertible.

Story. I had just bought a bottle of wine and had placed it on the passenger seat while driving home.
On the way I hit the brakes HARD, the bottle of wine flew forward smashing the Sat Nav / TV screen.

So instead of donating $2,500 to Mercedes Benz I did some research.

I found there are two screens the most common one is made by Sharp and the model number is LQ065T5AR05 and I think was for a previous model car.
I bought this screen only to discover its was wrong. The 2008 CLK was the last of the model and they must have only changed the screen to then decide to discontinue the CLK models.
The correct screen is a 6.5 inch Toshiba made screen LTA065B097D

I found one on Alibaba, it cost US$250.00 delivered to Australia. ( A lot cheaper than a new Command System )
Youtube has a video on taking apart the dash.

I had also read on these forums that the Anti glare coating on the Command screens can wear off or get scratched , I thought this was a good opportunity to afix a screen protector.
A US company sells screen protectors with antiglare finishes. so I bought DayVue screen protector as well and afixed this before installing.

Here's the links to Alibaba and NuShield
I hope this helps someone who has a bad SatNav Screen.

Cheers

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...20083e5fsuY9qK

https://www.nushield.com