Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

GPS question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
GPS question

Hi

I just leased a C300 sedan (2018). It did not come with the multimedia package, or GPS.
However, I did purchase an SD card online on Amazon, with 2016 maps.

Needless to say, the maps were slightly outdated and the software was kind of hideous (bright colors, robotic navigation voice). We also purchased another 2018 vehicle (GLE) that DID come with navigation. The navigation software in it is stellar and looks crisp and high end, with a normal sounding voice.

I did (after much trouble) connect to and download the most recent Maps software (V10 for North America, from what I can discern) to my SD card. I plugged it in to my car and it does indeed work...However, the voice is still robotic, and the user interface has only changed slightly. It does not look like the navigation in the GLE, which is what I would like it to. Here is What the screen looks like when I plug the SD card into MB Download Manager now. (The photo is attached). I would appreciate any help with getting my software to be what our GLE's is ...

Help!