Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

I went to get my Pioneer radio installed yesterday and it was a nightmare!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes-benz e320
I went to get my Pioneer radio installed yesterday and it was a nightmare!!!!

I went to this local stereo shop yesterday to install my new pioneer radio. First of all let me tell you that it was a pain just to get the radio out. Finally we got the radio out and well time to put the new radio in right........wrong. The guys at the stereo shop said that i needed some time of aftermarket adaptor since they dont make a wiring harnes for my car. We proceeded to try and cut the wires and these guys said it would be impossible to install my pioneer without this aftermarket harness which cost like $125 dollars. They said that my speakers are 2 Omms and are not compatible with my radio and amp and eventually if we would have installed the cd player yesterday they said it would of fried my cd player. I have a 95 e320 and im calling out to all those people familiar with my car for help, i really need it THANKS

Last edited by gentlesoul; 04-17-2002 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-17-2002, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
DON'T cut any wires !!! Some wires/harnessess are multiplexed and if you cut them you will end up needed a new harness with isn't cheap.... I don't know if the audio system uses a multiplexed system or not, but find out before cutting anything else or it could end up costing a ton in the end.
Old 04-17-2002, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KLEEMANN C230K
The adaptor you need is for VW/Audi, and is commonly found at EVERY install shop. TAKE IT SOMEPLACE ELSE!!!

They do not know what they are doing, or at least don't need to be working on your car.

Good luck,
John.
Old 04-17-2002, 02:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
96 P993T, 00 E55, 09 SL63
Incompetent stereo shop

I fully agree with dj-po, your stereo shop does not know what they are doing. They should have told you what they need before they start working on your car. In your case they did not tell you because of of the reason above.
Old 04-17-2002, 02:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
96 P993T, 00 E55, 09 SL63
Competent stereo shop

One more thing to Gentlesoul:

I sold my 97 E420 (come stock with the Bose audio system) to a co-worker of mine in 1998. Three months after the transaction, my co-worker installed an aftermarket head-unit (Fujitsu I believe), replaced the front door speakers (with components), add 2 JL Audio subwoofers and a pair of aftermarket amps. He still keep the stock Bose (2 ohm impedance) rear speakers though.

Recently, as he was trying to trade-in the car, the original stereo shop reinstall back the original head unit, take out the subs and aftermarket amps and the Bose speakers to the front door in 2.5 hours.
Old 04-22-2002, 08:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The wiring harness for a modern Mercedes is the same as the VW/Audi wiring harness. Metra makes one. They cost about $10.

Don't ever let anyone cut your factory wires.