Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

problem with radio codes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 09:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
09' E350, 01' Maxima SE, 93 Nissan Maxima SE, 1987 Nissan Maxima SE
Unhappy problem with radio codes

If someone could give me some ideas or know how to fix a problem on a radio. I recently acquired a 96' E320 and when i turned on the radio, it said code. So I asked the seller why the radio is not working. He said that he put in a new battery and he doesn't have a code, however I can get the code from a MB dealer. Just what I did. I got the codes. I punched in the five digit and I didn't know what after that, so I hit the SC button, it said "WAIT". Nothing happened after like ten minutes. Is there a correct prodcure how to enter the codes. From what I read through the search forum, that if you punch the codes three times wrong that it'll lock out forever. Is that true? That didn't sound very pleasing to know.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 W163, 84 W123, 03 E39, 98 E39
If you have the correct code..

you did the correct thing.

Instructions as per 1997 C280 Operation Guide:

1. Turn Ignition to position one
2. Turn on radio CODE should appear
3. Enter the 1st number, CODE should dissappear and the number you enterd should show.
4. Enter the rest of the code
5. When all five numbers are correctly inputted, the first number should be flashing, it is requesting confirmation. Press SC (Scan), SEEK or TUNE, radio operation shour return.

I turned my radio OFF the back ON and it worked, last time I had to re-program it.