Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

06 W211 Key Fob ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 10:25 AM

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
06 W211 Key Fob ?

Well yesterday I go down and open the trunk using the key fob no problem I go to close it and click to lock the car and I get nothing. The keyfob does not open or lock the doors nor open the trunk. The key does work to turn the car on so no problems there and the lock and unlock button in the car also works. Not sure what happen there. I replaced the batteries and nothing. I checked the fuses in the rear trunk and nothing, I went close to the door and nothing and I even tried using the fob in the car nothing. The light on the fob doesn't turn on either.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:53 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
E63 AMG
I had this same issue. The key will work regardless if the battery is dead in the remote since it reads the infrared sensor. I took my key apart and sprayed it with some electrical cleaner and it worked fine again. I suggest wiping the contacts on the battery tray with some rubbing alcohol.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:33 PM

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by EvoTechnik
I had this same issue. The key will work regardless if the battery is dead in the remote since it reads the infrared sensor. I took my key apart and sprayed it with some electrical cleaner and it worked fine again. I suggest wiping the contacts on the battery tray with some rubbing alcohol.
i took it too a mechanic he sprayed it with electric cleaner but nothing.