Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

E Class 211 Center Channel Failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 05:35 AM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
E Class 211 Center Channel Failure

Hello Im new here and new to owning a MB. I went to school for mobile electronics installation. I do install for people as a means of income. Anyways my center channel was sounding awful blown etc. I had got a decent lookin replacement same diameter but with larger motor (magnet). After getting grill off and removing speaker its very clear this speaker will never fit in dash to replace stock speaker. So then I check prices for new center channel speaker and almost just left it disconnected. I take a closer look and see that the spider and surround are totally unglued from frame or basket. Which makes sense so I just remove cone (diaphragm) which is connected to spider from frame (basket) and lay down some adhesive around where spider comes in contact and where surround (suspension) comes in contact with frame then I put voice coil back into motor and make sure to line connections up. And with something small and thin go around pushing spider down on frame while glue is drying and do same with fingers to surround on frame. Once dry re install speaker and good as new.

This shows you parts Im referring to spider and surround is same as suspension.