Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

JL Audio vs. Diamond Audio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 02:14 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209
JL Audio vs. Diamond Audio

I am hoping to find anyone that has had experience with free air installed woofers. I am planning to install an infinite baffle (IB) with one 12” in the rear deck of a W209. I am torn between the Diamond TDX and the JL Audio W6v2.

I am already aware of the implications of IB compared to sealed box but I need the trunk room. Any person that has either of these woofers in an infinite baffle set up please discuss.

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2004, 04:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Re: JL Audio vs. Diamond Audio

Originally posted by TheRok
I am hoping to find anyone that has had experience with free air installed woofers. I am planning to install an infinite baffle (IB) with one 12” in the rear deck of a W209. I am torn between the Diamond TDX and the JL Audio W6v2.

I am already aware of the implications of IB compared to sealed box but I need the trunk room. Any person that has either of these woofers in an infinite baffle set up please discuss.

Thanks!
You may want to look for a (now discontinued) JL IB4 as a better solution to your requirements than the W6. Also a Kicker might be in the running, although it's not a very good offering.

-s-
Old 06-13-2004, 04:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I can get those JL Audio W6v2 for you at a very nice price.
Old 06-13-2004, 05:09 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209
Do you think the JL IB will sound better then a W6v2? I understand the W6 was designed for a small sealed box but the IB is really just a loud speaker. Will the JL W6 just sound plain bad with infinite-baffle?

I have heard the Diamond audio with infinite-baffle and its sounds real good, although it was designed for small box.

Thanks for the reply