Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Automatic speed control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 02:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 350 CGI
Automatic speed control

I am trying to install an automatic speed regulation system into my CSL 350 CGI 2007 (W219) and i need some help on CAN bus signals.

What i have so far is a Particle Electron (IoT device) that talks to TomTom, asking for the speed limit at the location i am at, using an attached GPS receiver. It compares the groundspeed from the GPS receiver to the speedlimit from TomTom, and outputs three different digital output signals: Go-faster, Slow down, or Speed OK. (Speed OK is active if i am near to the speedlimit +/- 2 km/h)
I have used it in my AUDI A3 by connecting the outputs directely to the wires coming from the cruise control switch on the stalk, and it have worked fine keeping the speed of the car within the speedlimits.
Since i have been lucky swaping the AUDI with a CLS 350, i need to move this sytem to the Mercedes.

The challenge here is that the Mercedes have Distronic, so my device will try to send "Go-faster" signals to car if the speed is limited by Distronic.

So... i need to do this over CAN bus, and what i am after is a list of the parameters thet may tell me if the Distronic is limiting the speed, and i also need the commands to send to the CAN bus for speeding up, and speeding down. (This may just be like switch activated, or something)

Anyone able to help me out with the list of these CAN signal, and i will share how i build the "Particle-Electron + GPS-receiver + TomTom" system.