Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Head Unit Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 11:31 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
09' E350, 01' Maxima SE, 93 Nissan Maxima SE, 1987 Nissan Maxima SE
Head Unit Question

You guys have been very helpful how to remove the radio from the dash. Especially I used two strip of plastic and push it in and got the Unit out. However, I do have some question if anyone would be able to know this one. Here's the problem I have. When I acquired my 96 E320 and it needed a code. So I went to MB dealer to get the code to my radio. Yet, I punch it in and it asked for code again. After numberous time it said WAIT, so I thought it's gonna work. Then it takes me back code. So, I suspected that this isn't the original radio that came off the assembly line of the car. When I pulled the radio, this is what I found.......On the top part of the radio, it had a label with green print says "Original Replacement Part Becker of North America, Inc." Is that telling me that this radio is a replacement in place of the former original radio? The last question is, is it possible that I can get the right code from the dealer if I took the radio and show them the serial number?
Old 06-24-2004, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 S 420
It sounds most certain that your radio is a replacement. You can call Becker at 1-888-423-3537 x 1204 and ask about their code card replacement program.

Good luck.